Since having Harlym, eight months ago, I’ve been wanting so badly to get back into shape and lose weight. Two months after she was born, I had to have emergency gallbladder removal surgery. It was horrible and I came out of the hospital more bloated and heavy than ever. Then two and a half months later, I was hospitalized for almost a week due to meningitis. My body was failing me and I didn’t even feel like myself. I never got sick. I would go to the gym from time to time or do workouts at home once in a while, but I never fully commit. When I looked at my body, I didn’t recognized it. Pre-Brooklynn I weighed 118 pounds and had a sick pack. I know that after having two gorgeous babes, that is unrealistic, but the thing is- I wasn’t being healthy at all. Eating junk for almost two years and not exercising diligently. Also, my anxiety was at an all-time high. I researched organic ways to help treat anxiety (because I didn’t want a prescription) and found that exercise was a great way to help curb anxiety. (Another small thing that happened is a few weeks back, I went to urgent care because I was really sick. They weighed me and I weighed as much as I was 7 months pregnant with Harlym.)
All these things mixed together- I knew it was time to make a change. May 5 I researched excersizes and workouts, meal plans, weight loss vitamins and anything else I could think of. I heard great things and not so great things about every technique I considered. So I decided I was going to do them all. At the same time.
• I take two green tea vitamins every morning with breakfast and an hour before workouts. In many weight loss pills, you’ll find some sort of green tea. Green tea boosts metabolism, helps mobilize fat from fat cells, and the small dose of caffeine gives you a boost of energy.
• I work out daily and sometimes twice a day. You have no idea how groggy and lifeless I felt, and now that I’ve been working out, I feel like a new woman. I wake up feeling energized and ready to take on the day. I do a general workout and then an ab video workout that my hubby found on Facebook.
• I am eating super healthy and counting my calories. The app Lose It has been amazing! You can even scan barcodes and it loads calories automatically or you can enter what you ate and it has the calories listed for you. It’s pretty awesome and has helped me stay on track.
• I’ve been waist training a few hours a day. There’s a lot of discussion on whether waist trainers (or waist cinchers) are good for you or not, but I’ve seen results already in the small amount of time I’ve been using it. My hips are super wide and high from giving birth twice and this has helped a lot.
• I’ve been using cocoa butter stretch mark cream twice daily and lavender essential oils on my four abdominal surgery scars. I’ve seen a small, teensy difference and hoping for more results the longer I use them!
I don’t have a scale, so I’m not tracking my actual weight. More of tracking what results I feel and see. I’m feeling so much better, so much more like myself. And that is the real goal!!
Result Pictures (so far)