Featured Garcia Family Maternity

My Labor & Harlym’s Birth Story

I was set to be induced on September 15th at 8am. I was so nervous and excited that I couldn’t sleep the night before. At all. I finally got out of bed at 1:30am to take a shower & watch some TV before heading back to bed. Even then I woke up at 5am and couldn’t go back to sleep. I was dressed and ready to go, but at 6:30am the hospital called me and said they were all full and needed to delay my induction. I was absolutely devastated because this happened with Brooklynn, too and I didn’t end up having her for five days! Fortunately, the hospital called back at noon and rescheduled me for the next morning at 8am.


{brooklynn’s care instructions and my last belly pic from harlym’s birthday}

We got to the hospital around 7:30am but didn’t get into a room until after 9. I thought they were going to delay me again since they were taking so long. My nerves didn’t start settling down until we finally arrived in our room. When I was finally in my hospital gown and laying in bed, my doctor came in and checked me. Unexpectedly and without telling me, he broke my water. At first, I thought I had peed the bed because I had no clue what he was doing. After that, I walked around the hospital for about an hour (and snuck into the cafeteria and had an egg roll). By then, the contractions were starting to come strong. I was still leaking water and that felt so weird. (I leaked water all the way up until delivery.)

{part of my posse that helped me walk through the hospital}



{my dad brought Brooklynn to the hospital for a little bit to see mommy and say goodbye to the baby bump!}

Around 1:30pm, the nurse came in and told me that if I was planning on getting the epidural I would need to get it now, because there were a lot of people starting to ask for them and it would be a long time before the guy administering them could get to me. So I got the epidural. Since I wasn’t in immense pain yet, the epidural hurt soooo badly (with Brooklynn I was in so much pain that I couldn’t even feel it).

A little bit after that, the doctor came in and started me on a little bit of pitocin to get the contractions going stronger.

{no caption needed}

Around 2:30, Anthony’s mom left to get him food. We just relaxed and waited for me to dilate more. An hour later, the nurse came in and checked me and I was 9cm so she called the doctor! I was freaking out because Anthony’s mom wasn’t back yet and she was supposed to film, just like she did with Brooklynn.

While the doctor was on his way, the nurse had my mom and Anthony holding my legs and Harlym was already coming on her own! So she had me start pushing. My doctor and Anthony’s mom came in at the same time about two minutes later… I pushed about three or four more times and out came a perfect little baby girl with dark black hair! Harlym Jeter Garcia was born at 4:00pm on the dot, weighing 7lbs 13oz and 20.5in long!













She got to meet her sister right away and Brooklynn wasn’t very interested. Harlym latched on immediately and has nursed like a champ ever since! We are so smitten with her and feel blessed as can be to be her mommy and daddy.

6 hours of labor and 10 minutes of pushing… It was such an easy labor and delivery. After such a rough pregnancy, that was a relief!

bethanie signature



You Might Also Like

No Comments

    Leave a Reply