Back-to-school season is officially here! This year, I am so grateful for our Toyota Sienna which has made back-to-school so much easier on our family. Drop-off and pick-up are easy with the Sienna’s sliding doors – Brooklynn is able to hop right in and out! The trunk has enough space for backpacks, lunch boxes, strollers, and then some. The DVD player makes long lines before and after school go by way quicker – I can throw in a movie for Deuce and he’s entertained. There are SO many features that make the Toyota Sienna the perfect family car – throughout changing seasons, like adding a new baby or back-to school.
FIVE FEATURES WE LOVE IN OUR TOYOTA SIENNA:
- Toyota Safety Sense™. Standard on Sienna, TSS is a bundle of active safety features at no additional cost. These innovative features were designed to help protect you and your passengers from harm. When we’re driving in our Sienna (over 32mph), TSS detects lane departure on roads with visible lane markings. If the system senses that you’re unintentionally drifting, it can automatically make small corrective steering inputs to ensure your vehicle stays in it’s lane. This is insanely helpful and makes me feel like my family is as safe as possible while on the road. TSS kind of acts as a second brain for the driver!
- ALL the room. We comfortably fit FOUR car seats in our Toyota Sienna, which is no small feat. Before Bronx was born, the main thing we were concerned about when looking for a bigger vehicle was the ability to fit all of our car seats. Not only do they all fit, but there’s extra room. Several times, I’ve had to retrieve toys or trash from the backseat and I’m able to move around easily – that’s how much space there is. There’s also large sliding doors (with buttons to open them in the backseat and front seat) and a HUGE trunk that fits our double stroller.
- Bird’s Eye View Camera. The standard high-resolution 7-in. touch-screen displays the available Bird’s Eye View Camera to help you get out of those tight spaces with ease. The Bird’s Eye View Camera might just be my favorite feature in the Toyota Sienna. While parking, you’re able to see a full 365 degree picture of your surrounding area, the parking spot lines, other cars, etc. It makes parking SO easy.
- Driver Easy Speak. The driver can easily chat with anyone way in the backseat using Driver Easy Speak. The Sienna has a built in microphone that transmits audio to the backseat making conversations that much easier.
- Blind Spot Monitor. When the BSM detects a vehicle, it illuminates a warning indicator on the appropriate side view mirror to help you know when it’s safe to change lanes. I can’t even begin to tell you how handy this feature is – I’m thankful for it every time we drive!