2017 flashed by in the blink of an eye! I can’t believe this year is already coming to a close. It was filled with joy, laughter, tears, pain, and everything in between. I took my readers on the journey with me, writing about my miscarriage, how I deal with internet bullies, lip fillers/botox, and taking you guys on all my trips, like Napa and Strawberry! The past few weeks have been filled with sickness and we’ve taken some time off to recoup, get better, and get ready for 2018.
2018 will start off with a bang as Deuce goes in for his second skull surgery (first being in 2016 at 3 months old). And he’ll have a long recovery as well as doctor appointments throughout the year to track his head growth and make sure he doesn’t regress again. Brooklynn will turn FIVE in 2018 and start kindergarten… I don’t even know how that’s possible. Harlym will turn 4 and start pre-school! And Deuce will turn two. This past year, it has been so much fun to watch our kids’ personalities develop. Brooklynn is as tomboy as can be and is obsessed with Spider-Man, ninjas, and Lion Guard. Don’t even think about trying to put a dress or the color pink on her. Harlym is as girly as can be and obsessed with princesses, clothes, make-up and shoes. She is the child I wasn’t prepared for. She shocks Anthony and I daily with her girliness, lol. And Deuce loves airplanes, stealing his sisters’ toys, jumping off the back of the couch, and sliding down the stairs backwards. Total boy.
We have some realllllly exciting things planned for 2018 and I can’t wait to share them with you all!
Below I’m sharing my top posts of 2017, biggest accomplishments, and a reader survey!
TOP POSTS OF 2017
2017 BLOG ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2017 was more of a year of reflection than growth (numbers wise). There were a lot of challenges that I didn’t anticipate, but they did help me grow as a blogger and person. And helped me decide the path I wanted to take in my career.
- In 2017, I had my biggest partnerships yet. I was able to partner with companies I already love that fit my niche and because of all the successful partnerships, I was able to make blogging a full-time career. 2018 is already gearing up to be amazing, with several partnerships already in the pipeline!
- Traveling to Napa with my best friends and blogging all about it!
- Cultivating an amazing community of bloggers with my friends Brittany and Katie. We run the Facebook group “I’m So Blogging This!” and it’s a real highlight for me to connect with other like-minded businesswomen and learn together. Feel free to join if you’re a blogger!
- Creating a website for my side-hobby, which is designing media kits for bloggers.
- Hitting 50k followers on Instagram.
- Spending the first part of the year focusing on my branding, which was life-changing!
My biggest goal for 2018 is MORE VIDEO. Other than that, I want to focus less on Instagram and more on blog content. If you’re a blogger, you know that content is KING and we don’t own our content on Instagram. This is why it’s SO important to focus on your blog and brand and content… because IG could be gone tomorrow, but the internet will always remain! I definitely realized that in 2017 and Instagram will be way less of a focus for me in 2018. Another goal I have is to worry less about what others are doing. The comparison game is one you’ll never win and as a blogger (and human), it can get ya feeling down. And lastly, to write more about life, even the hard moments, because they tend to reach and help the most people.
I would love it if you filled out my 2017 reader survey! This helps me plan content and strategy for 2018 and lets me know what you’d like to see more of!