Next week marks SIX MONTHS of breastfeeding Bronx, which is a huge success in my book! Our nursing journey started off rocky, but we worked hard to overcome the struggles and it all worked out. I am so grateful for being able to nurse her, and definitely thankful for the products that have made our breastfeeding journey a little bit easier. I’m so excited to bring you guys my list of breastfeeding must-haves! These products are ones that have worked really well for me. I highly recommend each one. That being said, every nursing journey is different and what works for me might not work for you!
1) Strappy Back Nursing Bra – Nursing bras don’t have to be ugly! I love this one because it’s super cute, but functional for breastfeeding and very comfortable.
2) Reusable Nursing Pads – I love being able to throw these in the washer. They are way more comfortable than disposable nursing pads and way more cost effective.
3) Willow Pump – This pump is a definite investment (it’s a super high price point), but I think the cost is worth it if you work out of the home. It’s incredibly discreet and quiet. And I think it’s super easy to use!
4) Lactation LeMOOnade – This lemonade helps to boost milk supply and it’s one of the only drinks I’ve found that actually tastes good.
5) The Haakaa – This product is a lifesaver. I put it under the opposite boob when I’m nursing to help catch excess milk so that no milk goes to waste! You can also us it while pumping.
6) Breast Shell – This product is super innovative. It sits in your bra, protects sore nipples and collects milk. If you have huge letdown like I do, this product is a must-have for building that milk stash.
7) Nursing Pajamas – Matching pajamas are always a good idea, but I love these ones even more because they are so soft and cozy!
8) Nursing Tank – I love this tank top for wearing around the house and under shirts when I go out. Makes it so easy to nurse on-the-go!
9) Milk Goddess Herbal Supplement – I put two drops a day in a glass of water to help build my pumping stash.
10) Nursing Cover – I love this multi-use cover. It can be used for breastfeeding, carseats, carts, etc. I use it at restaurants or other public places to give Bronx and I some privacy as she nurses. I usually only use it if I’m not wearing a nursing-friendly shirt and need to lift my shirt all the way up. If my shirt is nursing-friendly, I usually pass on the cover.
If you have any nursing must-haves, leave them in the comments!