Three kids and three VERY different breastfeeding journeys later… I think I have experienced just about every obstacle a nursing mama could face. I’ve tried just about every product on the market, some with fierce victory, others will intense failure. While the only real nursing essential is boobs, I believe these products will help make your breastfeeding journey a lot easier!
1. Nursing Cover – I’ve owned over fifteen brands of nursing covers between my three kids and have come to love and hate certain brands… My tried and true, go-to nursing covers are from Covered Goods, Milk Snob, Cover Me Ponchos, and NuRoo Nursing Scarf! The first three also double as a car seat cover!
2. Boob Butter – This stuff is magical. It soothes sore and cracked nipples. I used it religiously the first few weeks of nursing my son! It’s the only cream I’ve found that I feel comfortable nursing with.
4. Breast Pump – I exclusively breastfeed, but still love and need my pump. I pumped the entire time Deuce was in the hospital for his surgery (with THIS pump) and stored the milk. I also pump several times I week when my boobs get engorged. The reason I love this pump is the on-the-go tote! We can take it anywhere (for example, the hospital) and it fits neatly and discreetly!
5. Nursing Pillow – I LOVE my nursing pillow, it makes for comfortable and easy nursing sessions!
6. Easy Access Wardrobe – Easy access is everything to me. If I can’t easily nurse in an outfit, odds are I won’t wear it. My favorite dress for comfort, style and easy access is one I got from Lularoe! I’ve linked more stylish/nursing friendly pieces below!
8. Nursing Tanks – I didn’t own a nursing tank with my first baby and I wish I would have. I especially love wearing them to bed and around the house. Target has my favorite (I have this one in multiple colors) and my second favorite nursing tanks!
9. Oat Mama – These bars are amazing for milk supply! And so tasty!
What is on your list of nursing essentials? Tell me in the comments below!